The Environmental and Social Management System covers general strategies to reduce or eliminate negative environmental, social, occupational health and safety impacts of construction and operation of renewable energy projects by Akfen Renewable Energy A.Ş. and its subcontractors. The primary purpose of the system is to provide guidance in order to prevent accidents and incidents that may cause harm to natural and social environment, employees and local communities.
The main objectives of this management system are listed below:
- Undertaking necessary acts to reduce the environmental, occupational health as well as safety impacts regarding construction and operation activities,
- Providing guidance to the management team to protect the environment and to minimize social, environmental and OHS impacts during construction and operation activities,
- Providing support for the fulfillment of environmental and OHS requirements,
- Identifying changes during implementation and making revisions,
- Providing sufficient support, human resources and financial resources to achieve effective and continuous social and environmental performance,
- Making plans for the employment policy and carrying out studies to improve the labor force,
- Taking as a reference the applicable legal requirements and international best practices,
- Making organization for fulfilling the requirements of the environmental, social and OHS issues in line with the responsibilities of the management at all levels and making assignments at all levels.
The following documents and standards are taken as reference while preparing this document:
- National Environment and OSH Legislation,
- Akfen Renewable Energy’s ISO 9001 Quality Management System,
- Akfen Renewable Energy’s ISO 14001 Environmental Management System,
- Akfen Renewable Energy’s OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System,
- Akfen Renewable Energy’s ISO 50001 Energy Management System,
- EBRD Standards,
- IFC Standards,
This management system describes the minimum operating standards/practices to be monitored and implemented during construction and operation of the company headquarters, facilities/plants and new projects. It is also prepared to ensure that additional policies/procedures/practices are to be developed where necessary, in order to protect the environment and for the health and safety of employees, shareholders and other people, who may be affected by the activities.
This system is designed to assist all Akfen Renewable Energy A.Ş. staff. Trainings are given in centers and facilities for the implementation of this system.